Wednesday, January 14, 2015

OddballGreg - Ridiculous Pain Remedies

Ah, dentists. Nothing screams out pain and terror like having an automated drill stuck in your mouth.

If you happen to be human, which you probably are, then you are most likely familiar with the unfortunate sensation that is pain. You've probably also gone to some interesting lengths to deal with it. Lets talk about that.

Right now I'm sitting typing with one hand while I attempt to pretend that the right side of my mouth is not driving me crazy as two of my teeth compete to be where my gum is. The sensation is comparable to taking a flap of skin from anywhere on your body between a pair of pliers and applying significant pressure for about half a day at a time. (For added pleasure, chewing on that side of my mouth is comparable to clamping the aforementioned pliers down as hard as possible.)

So as you do in situations like these, I thought it might be humorous to browse the whimsical internet in search of some mystical pain remedy, considering my anti-drugs stance with life. (I don't like the idea of addictions, and thus only take pills as an absolute last resort.) Of course, me being me, I can't think about a single subject, and researched the cures they have for ALL kinds of pain.

What did I find? About everything you'd expect to find on the internet. Hanging magnets from your ears for headaches, botox injections, homeopathy (pffffft. Good for the placebo effect.), meditation, sniffing apples, swearing, dreaming about sex, and probably thousands more ridiculous cures that you can think of. Sure there may be credence to some of these solutions, and perhaps some of the more herbal solutions such as cloves soaked in whiskey have some founding, but for the most part, I found exactly what I expected to find on the internet when googling anything with the term "Ridiculous" in the bar:

Basically, anything anyone decided was funny, worth reading, or effective click-bait to gain view for their website. Too bad my mouth still hurts. I think I'll go back to dulling the pain with measured doses of rum and coke until my next dentist visit. I'm sure he'll understand.

In any case, that's about all that's worth mentioning. If you don't think you've heard enough ridiculous remedies, click this link and wait for your brain cells to start commiting suicide. That should cure you of that. On the other hand, if you happen to have any effective pain rememdies, do be sure to let me know down in the comments below, or via Facebook/Twitter. We here at TCSA love to hear your feedback (And pain cures). And of course, if you enjoy finding out about awesome stuff on the web and world then do please be sure to like the Official TCSA Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter using the associated buttons on the bar to the left to get all the latest posts as they're published. Also, do be sure to share posts you enjoyed with your friends as it helps us out a great deal. Regardless of what you do, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post; hope that you have/had an absolutely FANTASTIC day, and I will speak again soon.

Rest easy my friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...