Friday, December 19, 2014

OddballGreg - Aavak...?

Image nicked from the only place that provides even a vague explanation of who Aavak is. Specifically: https://www.youtube.com/user/Aavak/about

Do you feel the need to listen to an Welsh (Bohemian?) man with an oddly classy accent and voice play games and tell you about interesting things while he does so? If so, then like myself, you're probably going to start watching Aavak's video's... a little more than you probably should.

In a completely unexpected turn of events, I have yet another YouTuber that I simply cannot stop watching. Those of you who've been reading this blog for a fair length of time are probably aware of my preference for YouTube Commentators that don't spend their time screaming, making ridiculous noises, and preferably have something meaningful or witty to say. (I'm not saying the screaming isn't funny... but it does get a little old eventually. At least for myself.)

Naturally, I found Aavak by complete and utter accident, and promptly spent the past 4 or 5 days watching his videos between doing whatever else it is I do these days. Why? Because his voice is entrancing or something I guess. Seriously, check out the video below and tell me it's not the kind of voice you'd happily listen to.


Jokes aside, Aavak is a genuinely entertaining YouTuber who is, from what I gather, still relatively new to game, (excuse the pun), with only 36 000 subscribers. (At the time of writing, and including myself.) He, like some of the other YouTubers I enjoy watching like Scott Manley and Quill18, has a habit of making witty remarks about the various occurrences with good humor, while also trying to teach his viewers something as he goes along. (Or at least avoid having meaningless segments in his videos.) One of my favorite moments in his video's came from the above From The Depths series where he discussed the origins of the "Cwn Awnnwn" as he explained his choice of name for a ship.

Basically, he doesn't scream, he talks about interesting things, plays interesting and thoughtful games, and has a voice that simply makes you want to listen to him, even when he stutters or says the same thing again without realizing it. He's also Welsh... I think. Perhaps as a matter of his relative newness to the internet, there is nothing describing who he is or what he does as far I've seen so far. (Odds are something of the sort will crop up eventually.) Either way, he's either Welsh, or Bohemian as his YouTube banner dictates. Unless that's just a clever ploy to throw off anyone trying to figure out his true Welsh identity. In which case, bravo you wily dog you.

In any case, I highly suggest you check out his channel here, watch a few of his videos and just enjoy a genuinely enjoyable personality as he plays some games and talks about stuff. (I probably am as you're reading this. Especially if there's a new Cataclysm video out. That game is AWESOME.)



Do you agree that Aavak is actually a really fun guy to watch? Or maybe you have someone else you think I should check out and give a mention for. If so, do be sure to let me know down in the comments below, or via Facebook/Twitter. We here at TCSA love to hear your feedback. And of course, if you enjoy finding out about awesome stuff on the web and world then do please be sure to like the Official TCSA Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter using the associated buttons on the bar to the left to get all the latest posts as they're published. Also, do be sure to share posts you enjoyed with your friends as it helps us out a great deal. Regardless of what you do, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post; hope that you have/had an absolutely FANTASTIC day, and I will speak again soon.

Happy Holidays my friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...