Tuesday, January 13, 2015

JovialJman - English 101 continued

Budget cuts, they make use very inventive.

On December 5th 2014 I had written a post about some interesting things about English, and more on its origin. I said I would say more on the subject thus I am here. So without further ado here they are.

When it come to point of view somethings can often be mixed up and/or forgotten. You get first, second and third point of view. When writing you will be using one of theses if you are talking about a person or to one like I am doing here. First person - is when the subject matter is about yourself. This would be something like, "I went to the shops to buy some food." I refers to yourself thus making it first person. Words that include yourself would be an indication of this as well, (us, we, me, and so on). The matters are usually subjective so when trying to talk about facts this point of view is not always reliable unless to try and see things from that persons experience.

Second person - is when you are talking about someone else and not including yourself. When referring to someone by name or saying you, you will be talking about one specific person. You cannot use I or me here, since you cannot refer to yourself. Cooking instructions are usually in this point of view. This blog would be a mixture between first and second. I am addressing it to you but also saying things like, "I think", "I found interesting" and things like that. Each blog post will however be more steered to one of these though.

Third person - is when speaking about people in general, or about a specific person. So, "JovialJman was once a younger man", would be Third person since I am not addressing you, and if another person says it, it will still hold its context. For reference, if I say, "you are awesome" compared to if you say it, the person that is awesome would change.

There are a few things that other languages have that English does not, and I say we should start a trend and try and get these things into existence since English might be better off with it. Some words that are in other languages are some that we should have in english, this is a list of 38. Some of them are "Tartle" from the scots, it means the hesitation just before you have to introduce someone whose name you can't really remember. "Mencolek" from the Indonesian means to tap someone on the opposite shoulder that you are on to trick them. Your Grandma might have felt "gigil", it means the urge to pinch or squeeze something that is way too cute. Overmorrow is an old english word that I have used a lot but the Georgians have the word Zeg, it means the day after tomorrow. Lastly there is "boketto" in Japanese which means to stare into the distance for no reason. Hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a word I really like, it is in english but the meaning is rather humorous. It is the fear of long words, and look how long it is. Sorry to those that do have hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, if so, do be sure to let us know down in the comments below, or via Facebook/Twitter. We here at TCSA love to hear your feedback. And of course, if you enjoy finding out about awesome stuff on the web and world then do please be sure to like the Official TCSA Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter using the associated buttons on the bar to the left to get all the latest posts as they're published. Also, do be sure to share posts you enjoyed with your friends as it helps us out a great deal. Regardless of what you do, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post; hope that you have/had an absolutely FANTASTIC day, and I will speak again soon.

Stay awesome smarties.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...