Monday, December 1, 2014

OddballGreg - My First Time In Durban

I'm not sure why I thought a dog staring into the ocean was an accurate representation of this event, but screw it: PUPPY!
You know that place down by the coast called Durban? In South Africa? The one with bunny chow, beaches, traffic circles and cargo ships at sea at all times? If not, you've likely never lived in South Africa. If you have, then you're probably gasping at the fact that I've only just been for the first time.

If you're a long time follower of the blog, you may have become familiar with the usually erratic release schedule of the posts, considering they tend to go up at some absurdly late hour, or not at all when there are occasional difficulties. Considering how much attention you pay, that would probably have alerted you to the fact that the last week's posts were not written on the days of their posting, since their publishing times are far too consistent.

I, having written them all ahead of time, was enjoying a fantastic week down in Durban, one of South Africa's greatly enjoyed holiday destinations famous for it's hotels (I think), beaches and bunny chow, among various other things. Having never had the opportunity to go before, I was quite ecstatic when a one of my best friends arranged for me to go spend a week down there with him as a form of early birthday present. (Yes, that dreaded day looms this month. Egads.)

So what did I get up to while my posts automatically published themselves? Various things that I've never done before. I explored a new city I'd never seen; got severely sunburned because "I don't get sunburned"; went to a marine park and aquarium; bashed my knee significantly on a rock in the ocean and nearly drowned in shock; spent 2 hours trekking along open beaches with my awesome friend while singing ridiculous songs, throwing a random orange we'd found and christened "Doctor Orange" to each other and suffering the sandblasting that could only be compared to walking through a desert naked; learned to drive; drove to our residence in the middle of the night and of course went to large party in the middle of a farm where it rained... a lot... and I got wet and fairly muddy.

Suffice to say, my 8 day long visit was hardly ill spent, and I met a good few wonderful people as well as enjoyed spending time with a fantastic friend of mine. Of course, having driven there and back was a somewhat tiring exercise of 7 hours each, and as such is the reason for this post going up two days later than originally intended.

In any case, I suspect you probably don't read this blog for details about my holiday's, but should I would more than happily extrapolate on the details of my foray into foreign lands should you desire. If so, do be sure to let me know down in the comments below, or via Facebook/Twitter. We here at TCSA love to hear your feedback. And of course, if you enjoy finding out about awesome stuff on the web and world then do please be sure to like the Official TCSA Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter using the associated buttons on the bar to the left to get all the latest posts as they're published. Also, do be sure to share posts you enjoyed with your friends as it helps us out a great deal. Regardless of what you do, I thank you for having taken the time to read this post; hope that you have/had an absolutely FANTASTIC day, and I will speak again soon.

Who came up with "Seasons Greetings"? It sounds weird. Happy holidays my friends. (Teehee)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...