Monday, July 7, 2014

Madness Monday - Crazy Cat People (And Crazy Cats)

Hello and welcome to Madness Monday; that day of the week where I talk about those strange people that keep cats and about these strange cats that keep people.

OOOOH. Fancy new pictures :D

Have you ever met those strange, fuzzy little creatures that for some reason decide that we humans are fun to be around? Have you met the strange people that think cats are fun to be around? (I'm one of them.) I've really got to ask. What on earth made us think that was a good idea?


Cats are very weird animals. Some of them are completely docile, some are friendly enough to sleep on your lap (or face), and some are utterly off the ball and demented that you can't help but wonder if it's not currently contemplating your ultimate demise. Humans are like that too.

Behind that facile guise of cuteness, this guy is imagining your death...
I can't help but wonder at the first human who saw one of these fluffy, feline fur-balls in the wild and decided "Hey, I like him, lets keep it in my house so that it can retch hair onto my carpets, eat all my food and purposefully place it's tail in my mouth while I'm snoring." He was probably a previous incarnation of me, but I still think he may have been on something. (Perhaps the cats brainwashed him? You never know.)

"Hooman. You shall luv us. Or else."
Perhaps more strange though, is the fact that so many of us don't seem to care. We invite these frightening little caterwauling creatures into our abodes, spend excessive money on beds they'll never sleep in, toys they'll never play with and food they don't particularly like eating; since you'll probably give them your's instead, and don't once think it's strange that the only time they want to cuddle is when they're hungry. Hmmm. Sounds like human children actually when I put it that way. (Teehee) On the upside, they make impeccable hot water bottles if you don't mind the licking.

"Skweeese me agen hooman, and I won't be teh only nootered one in this house."
To be honest though, despite the fact that these cats treat humans like walking furniture and can-openers, I do not actually regret ever wanting to keep them. Sure some people are scared to come by my house now due to some strange fear of black that they associate with my little fuzzy's; but I would be sorely hurt to ever find any of these frightful predators that I call my pets hurt or missing. Who else would lick my hands clean until they were clean, especially after I've washed them?

"Hey Hooman. Boo!"
To be honest, these cats may be strange, but I think that us humans that keep them are far stranger. You have to be fairly crazy to listen to a screaming cat at 3AM, climb out of bed in the middle of winter, and go investigate to make sure this little whiskered creature is okay, despite the fact that you may be dying of hypothermia. 

"I wsnt actually screaming, I jus wntd to see if choo would come. Feed me?"
Humans are perhaps the maddest creatures I've met, but I suppose that what makes us so much fun. Is predictability really that satisfying? Who knows, but at least we'll have these maddening little mammals around to prick us with their claws, lest we be dreaming. In any case, I hope you found something to laugh here on the hardest day of the week. If you're a fellow cat lover (or even if you're not), perhaps consider dropping a comment below, and sharing this with someone who needs a laugh. If you really liked it, "would you kindly" follow me on Twitter or like my Facebook page with the buttons on the sidebar to your right.

No matter what, I hope you have/had an AWESOME day, and I shall see you tomorrow.
Abschied freunden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...